Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Shipyard Changes

So, did you read this blue comment about Shipyard changes?:

General
• Rare Naval Missions have an increased chance to appear.
• The bonuses provided by assist equipment, such as Ammo Reserves or Automated Sky Scanner, have been increased by 100%.
• Increasing the chance of success on a naval mission will now also decrease the chance a ship will be destroyed on failure. If the mission success chance is increased to 90% or greater, no ships will be lost on the mission.

Blockade Missions
• Blockade Mission duration is now 30 minutes (was 4 hours).
• Blockade Missions will respawn after 7 days (was 5 days).
• The Oil cost for Blockade Missions is now 50 (was 100).

Crews
• The bonus chance to Mission success provided by Human or Undead crews will be 50% higher.
• The bonus chance to Missions success provided by a Pandaren crew will be 33% higher
• The Pandaren Crew bonus will apply to Missions that are 12 hours or longer (was 18 hours).

The changes above are all live now. Here are a couple of notes to keep in mind:

• If you try to use a scroll that instantly completes a Blockade mission that was already in progress when we made this hotfix, it will reset the time on the mission.
• Blockade Missions that were already in progress will still need 4 hours to complete.
While I'm still not a fan of this shipyard, this will make it SO much less terrible.  I never lost at 100% but I lost in the high 90s and it was infuriating.  Such a simple thing that never should have been.

4 comments:

  1. I might actually do some that are in the 90% range now. It took me forever to get my mrgrggrgl mark iii ship, I would never risk him, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They took some of the worst parts of the shipyard and removed them. Things that didn't add fun and I'm really not sure why they were there in the first place. Even last night, I did more missions because they weren't the risk of total loss.

      What remains for me know though is Blizzard's idea of random. As someone that generally knows probability, I am still unsure of their RNG love.

      Delete
  2. My thought when I read these patch notes was "it's about time!"
    I've been quite lucky with the Shipyard in that I haven't had very many failures and that I haven't lost many ships even when I have had missions fail. I usually try to send ships that I don't care about as much on missions that will have <100% success chance, but when I can't manage to do that, I always worry a little when I send out missions that are at, say, 97% success chance. I'm glad that I won't have to worry about them anymore.
    These Shipyard changes will also make me more likely to play the Shipyard on my alts as they all gradually reach level 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly everything you said. It will make this portion of the game more accessible and playable. I just don't get why it was the other way before this. Oh well, at least it is improving.

      Delete