Monday, August 3, 2015

Current Statistics | Class & Spec | August 2015

Since we covered race and allegiance in a previous post, I'll cover the class breakout in this one.

As with last time, "% of total" refers to percentage of all characters on this active account. "n/a" can be thought of as not assigned, since it covers those sub-30 characters as well as those that I haven't yet decided on what off-spec to choose.

The class table is broken up with an arbitrary, alphabetical split.


Class
Death Knight
Druid
Hunter
Mage
Monk
Paladin
Count
4
6
5
4
2
5
% of total
8%
12%
10%
8%
4%
10%

Class
Priest
Rogue
Shaman
Warlock
Warrior
Count
4
6
4
5
5
% of total
8%
12%
8%
10%
10%

So what do we see?  Well, if you remember from the race post, Druids & Hunters are heavily represented and Night Elves dominate those classes.  Of the 11 Druids or Hunters out there, 7 are Night Elves.

Rogues being tied for most common was a bit surprising however they can be nearly any race and I generally enjoy their playstyle and the idea of a rogue roleplay wise. Even if I am pretty bad at it.

I thought Warlock and Warrior being so high was a surprise too, but real the surprise is that Mage is so low.  I guess when I made the characters they just didn't want to be mages, which is odd because Spellsteal.

Monks suffer from coming in a later expansion.  I'm sure if the had been there from the start, I would have undoubtedly had more.

What of their primary specialization?



Primary Roll
Melee
Ranged DPS
Healer
Tank
Count
20
18
7
5
% of total
40%
36%
14%
10%


Nothing too surprising here. Melee and Ranged are essentially tied and DPS generally leads by a large margin. Healing and tanking are close to even as well, with the slight edge to Heal. Which again, makes sense with what I know of my playstyle.

And what about their secondary specialization?



Off-Spec
Melee
Ranged DPS
Healer
Tank
n/a
Count
4
6
3
7
30
% of total
8%
12%
6%
14%
60%


This is a little bit harder to pull anything useful from.  Hunters, Mages, Warlocks and Rogues are basically range and melee DPS with simply different flavors of how they do it. The large presence of tank off-spec seemed odd at first, but looking into it, 4 of those are Death Knights.  Death Knight tank spec is Blood, which when I chose it was a DPS spec. Blood makes sense to me as a DPS spec, Frost makes sense to me as a tank spec. It bugs me that they changed it. It really changed how much I play those characters.  Oh well, I digress.

So that is basically the class and spec layout. Are you not enthused?  Next time, levels!


(Programming note: I lost this post the first time I made it. I feel like I've cross some threshold. I'm now a blogger that can complain about a lost post! Yay?)

No comments:

Post a Comment