Wednesday, July 22, 2015

An ode to Spellsteal


Grumpy had a post asking about mechanics in raids. I tried to add my little bit but, not being very knowledgeable or experienced, I could only add so much. In my rambling comment, I hit on Spellsteal and realized I needed to publicly profess my affection.

I love Spellsteal.

It is my valentine. It is my soulmate. I am solidly on Team Spellsteal.

When I see that little buff pop up on an enemy that I can take, I get so excited. It’s mine, precious!

Honestly, I love doing that more than anything else my mage can do.

It really can change the nature of a fight. If an add has some buff that heals them overtime and typically makes that fight hell, *zap*, mine! Now, I get healed a little and the fight goes quickly and smoothly. Or perhaps they have an aura that does damage, nope, *yank*, mine! No damage for my tank but perhaps I’ll run to some smaller adds or even up to the original add and give them a taste of their own medicine.

I have noticed how helpful it can be on certain enemies. When I run the content on my mage, I gobble up their buff for myself and we steamroll the add or boss. But when I’m on any other character, it tends to be a greater struggle. It could be a difference in the group or it could be that I’m slightly better on my mage than any of my other characters, but I think part of that being better is my love, Spellsteal.

No comments:

Post a Comment