Thursday, September 3, 2015

"...jealously guarding the skies for themselves."

You've likely seen it, but if not, head over to Kamalia et alia to read her post about her druid Kerisa getting flying back.

As Thaloc says in the comments "THIS would be the perfect introduction for the patchnotes."

To me it shows the passion and love fans can have for this game and their characters. The hunger for good story and character development in addition to the flying so many of us love.

I might not have liked the flying restriction (hint: I hated it) but this at least tried to give it some in-game justification.  Someone else (can't remember) also suggested that the Iron Horde was just too dominate and it was too dangerous to fly except to the very restricted flightpaths with expert flyers (? riders? not really pilots, flightmasters?).  It wouldn't have made me like the flying decision but it would have given some logical justification, which can make it more palatable.

It's something similar that Fiannor touched on when talking about her followers.


Yes, I know the entire game consists of wisps of imagination bound to 1’s and 0’s, but one of the things Blizz has always really excelled at is bringing depth and body to nearly every part of the game. Graphics, art, animation, programming, and dev imagination all come together to give us a wonderful, fun, interactive environment.
 
I know gameplay before story is how Blizzard, and WoW in particular, works but a little more imagination would really go a long way.

Two good reads, go check them out.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and the link!

    Ha, I've sometimes had similar thoughts to Fiannor about how I turn my followers right back around again. When Blizz did that TINDR joke for April Fools, my big question about it was "but would it pick the same pairings for my followers as *I* imagine for them?" (I need to go get Leorajh for my Alliance garrison, because the notion of cat+dog Leo+Fiona amuses me incredibly)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I not? It really is the kind of thing I like to see and think we need more of.

      But cat & dogs living together? Mass hysteria!

      Delete