Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Witty Post Title About Flying!

Yeah I got nothing for this one.  I'm just happy to be flying again.

The sparkle pony rises

These are the only screenshots I got because I really just wanted to get out and do stuff.  I couldn't decide which mount to use, what background, or how to get a better shot.  Just let me fly!

For the first few minutes I actually forgot I could fly a few times. Riding around on the ground, like a scrub?  This will not stand!  (Note for readers: I actually like ground riding and choose to do it fairly often - this is just a semi-venting for me about having the CHOICE to do that.)

In addition to FREEDOM, there were a few other changes that were unexpected.  I love that the Safari Hat is finally a toy.  I've kvetched before about toys versus non-toys-that-should-probably-be-toys so I'm happy at least one got added.


Flying kitty returns!

There was also the new account wide Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords quest that was making an ugly yellow exclamation point in my garrison.  The spouse and I decided to head out and take care of that nonsense post haste.

And with flying, we could.

We FLEW around to the various pet masters in Draenor and did their battles and finished the quest in a reasonable amount of time.

We also both grabbed the occasional treasure with the proper expletives towards jumping puzzles shouted.

The Garrison, from above

It wasn't the most fun I've ever had on WoW, but it was probably one of the better experiences I've had on Draenor.  And it was all because I had the choice to fly.


4 comments:

  1. I think the element of choice really is one of the key things here. I have quite often found myself staying on the ground when I am, for example, in Pandaria, and I think I'll probably continue to stay on the ground much of the time when I'm anywhere on Draenor -- but to know that I *can* hop into the air if I want to is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably going to do what I always do which is a fair mixture of both. Airborne at times, on the ground at other times based on what I'm enjoying. And yes, just having that option makes it so much better.

      Delete
  2. LOL, yes it's true everyone had some witty title for their flying post :P But I will still read your post and glad you had the choice to be able to fly. I am happy I have that choice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried for a while to come up with something interesting and just gave up so I could get the post up :)

      Ah choice, a great thing :)

      Delete