Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pathfinder Achieved



I'm done.

The weight is lifted.

I completed it Sunday night but didn't get around to updating this right away.

Whatever the case, when flying drops, I will rise.

I'm just...

relieved.

That's the best word for this.

To remove that cloud over my head.

To get that bad taste out of my mouth.

I feel free to try to enjoy the game again on my terms.

To play the characters I want

at the pace I want

in the way I want.

It wasn't fun for me.

The questing was fine. I had basically completed it anyways.

The reps felt pointless.

What do they have to do with flying?

I had explored everywhere, just not on any one character enough to get the achievement.

So I had to run around to tick off the box.

Immersive.

Treasures also became a number to fill.

Not a reason to explore.

Not a fun thing to find.

Not something that added to the world.

They could have been those things, but it didn't feel that way to me.


Check box 1 of 8

75/100

76/100

Immersion.

Is that something I inflicted on myself?

Did I exacerbate something that Blizzard had done?

Possibly

Whatever the case, I don't ever have to do it again.

And that my friends, is a sign of good game play.

When a player says: "I'm so happy that is over and I never have to see it again"

Call it a success Blizzard, well done.

Immersed.

I've been reading too much Grumpy Elf Monday Random Thoughts.

2 comments: