Thursday, July 16, 2015

Your homework for today

I don't have much time today but I wanted to put this out there.

Does the Warcraft movie have a problem with women?

I had no idea this post was up when I wrote yesterday's post.  Maybe it wasn't even up yet.  Doesn't matter.

Go read the post and as many of the comments as you can handle.

Feckless Leader has some thoughts as well.  Read them.

I'm sure we'll see others soon but this is the starting place.

What Elizabeth Harper said isn't new. It, sadly, isn't shocking. To be honest, it isn't even the best example out there about sexism in gaming. But the conversation around it, or as Feckless Leader puts it the "lack thereof" is important.

Please read.  Please listen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking those reads. Definitely food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Feckless Leader says, it really is a discussion that we should be able to have and the fact that we can't without such venom says a lot.

    (Whoa my first comment and from Navi too!)

    ReplyDelete