Monday, July 6, 2015

Whys and wherefores


Who am I?

Casually Odd (née Lurking reader)


Why am I doing this?

I don’t know. Well, that’s not strictly true. I have some ideas of why but it would be hard to put them into words. I think, for now, it would be safe to say that I’m doing this because I want to.


What is the focus?

The initial focus of the blog will be World of Warcraft. I have a fair number of other passions and such but, I’ll probably (initially) keep it narrowly focused. This is for a couple of reasons, but I think the key one is that I’m still learning how to do this and haven’t found my voice. As I grow more confident about how I write and what I want to put out there, I’m sure I’ll add other miscellanea.


How long have I been playing?

Since February 2007, it would seem.


What do I play?

All of it. Alliance and Horde. All races. All classes. All specs. None of it very well, but trying to have fun in all of it. I am an altoholic through and through.


What type of player am I?

I feel as if I straddle a line between casual and hardcore but I’m not sure. I plan to write on this later to try to explain and explore this idea.


Who do I read?

Look to the right and you’ll see lots of interesting people and opinions. Most are of the writers have opinions pretty close to my own, however their gameplay can be very different and open up a lot of new experiences. And we do have some divergence of opinion, although none of them know that yet because they don’t know about this blog. So there’s that.


Who is [SPOUSE]?

I have a spouse with whom I play a lot of WoW. (How’s that for Up With Which I Will Not Put?) In the beginning, I plan to be as genderless as possible. The reasons are neither interesting nor compelling, but they simply are. I’m sure I’ll slip up or give up within short-order, but for now, I’ll use [SPOUSE] or [GENDER PRONOUN] or their or whatever to deal with it.

My apologies if it bothers you, but don’t worry, I doubt it will come up much. What, never? Well, hardly ever.


Do I have a schedule for updating?

Not yet but I’m hoping to set one up. I think I should start slow, perhaps Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with additional random updates if they are needed? I’d love to be able to produce daily but that’s a long ways off I think. I’m also skeptical about the reality of weekend updates. Or if I have them they’re more likely to be scheduled ones rather than anything reacting to current news or events.

No comments:

Post a Comment